Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What's up Doc?

I chose to read the article titled, What's up Doc? A Bloody Outrage, That's what. When I first read the title I thought that is was going to be about a war or a shooting at a school. After reading I found out that is focused on violence cartoons and tv shows. I did not grow up in the era of happy tree friends but after reading this article I youtubed the cartoon and I could not even finish watching the episode because it was so gross. Then when I asked my younger brothers about the cartoons, they said it was funny. Funny? really a cute bunny getting its head cut off is funny? I was really shocked when the author of that article stated that someone compared Tom and Jerry to Happy Tree Friends. They are the exact opposite, in Tom in Jerry there is no blood or guts or body parts falling off. The only comparison I can see would be that in either cartoon, none of the characters talk. Another point that stuck out to me in the article was the fact that the music behind Happy Tree Friends is fun and light and happy when in the video animals are being ripped apart so it is making children think that pain is fun. If anyone would ask me why children are so violent these days and into guns and knives, I would tell them to check out the cartoons they are watching, especially Happy Tree Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment