Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The work life

Most people start working as soon as they can, age 16 or some like myself started at 15 and haven't stop working at least two jobs at a time. And for what? Nice car to drive,food to eat, water to use, tv to watch,light to see? In order to have those things I need to work 40 or more hours a week and go to school. Which is stressful but it's the only way a person can survive and without an education you can not have a better job later in life. But with working so much a person misses out on the little things in life like a brothers basketball game, missing cousins open presents for there birthday, or even holding your grandpas hand when you found out he has cancer. All because you had to work that never ending 12 shift at one job and work another 8 at your second job. Friends wonder who you are because you become a zombie to work and your boyfriend wonders why you can not stay awake to watch a movie. People get so caught up in working that other things become less important and soon start to lose friendships and loves. It is like you are stuck in never ending circle, where you go to work and think about how much school work you need to do, then go to school and think about hoe you should be working because there is no gas in your care. Who needs sleep when there's other things to do. There must be a trick to this endless work life and I hope I figure it out before it is to late.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed by what you do and the important friends will stand by you through this incredibly jam-packed time in your life. The only way around it is to slow down somewhere, but I cannot in any way say where that should be, you are young and I feel for your incredible responsibilities!

    ReplyDelete